Free Range Kids

Free Range Kids!
Raising children to be healthy and self-reliant in an unpredictable world can be tough. You've come to the right place. I am a homeschooler taking a stand for my kids to "be kids". I love the title "Free Range Kids" as is accurately depicts my teaching and parenting style. While learning can be serious business, so is play time! I use a Montessori approach in my teaching... allowing my children to touch, taste, feel and experience a little thing called LIFE. Teaching from love and not fear has been an obstacle I've had to overcome. Come on this journey with me as we teach, love and raise strong independent children!

Monday, June 16, 2014

Phonograms and Fun

Dax and I worked on Phonograms and Suffixes the other day. I used different sticky notes with suffix endings and phonogram beginnings (Wh as in Whale, Ph- as in phone) Suffix endings (es, s, en, ing etc..) He really got the hang of it and picked it up quickly. It was fun for him to add ending to words and see how it all worked out. 



We tried to make the soap cloud thing, but didn't have Ivory soap. I foolishly thought any soap would do, but it really didn't get very big. It does float in the water though and turns bath water completely white. 



We played a bowling game with some empty containers I collected and different things for balls...i.e a balloon. The kids were quick to see that the balloon is not heavy enough to knock down the containers, and those little balls are hard to get right on target. 


They had a great time stacking the containers in different ways. 



No comments:

Post a Comment