Free Range Kids

Free Range Kids!
Raising children to be healthy and self-reliant in an unpredictable world can be tough. You've come to the right place. I am a homeschooler taking a stand for my kids to "be kids". I love the title "Free Range Kids" as is accurately depicts my teaching and parenting style. While learning can be serious business, so is play time! I use a Montessori approach in my teaching... allowing my children to touch, taste, feel and experience a little thing called LIFE. Teaching from love and not fear has been an obstacle I've had to overcome. Come on this journey with me as we teach, love and raise strong independent children!

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Some fun things we did

I let the children make a loaf of bread from start to finish with almost no assistance from me (except taking out and putting in oven) They got to knead the dough and watch it rise. The look on Dax's face when he saw it had rose was priceless. He got to see how the yeast works in the bread. Then we baked it. It didn't rise in the oven hardly at all. In fact it was like a brick, but it tasted really good. 

Then we looked at the grocery ad's. Dax circled all the foods that are good for our bodies and some of the snacks he likes. We talked about what it means to "Eat a Rainbow" and what foods weren't good for our bodies. 


Then he saw some salmon and thought of Grandpa Mitchy. He wrote a not to grandpa on it and said "From Dax". We talked about what foods were different family members' favorites. 


At the end of the day the kids went out back, made a mud pit and got really dirty. So I hosed them off while they swung on the swing. Little Jocelyn loved discovering the mud and was wiping it on her face and squishing it between her hands. 


No comments:

Post a Comment