Free Range Kids

Free Range Kids!
Raising children to be healthy and self-reliant in an unpredictable world can be tough. You've come to the right place. I am a homeschooler taking a stand for my kids to "be kids". I love the title "Free Range Kids" as is accurately depicts my teaching and parenting style. While learning can be serious business, so is play time! I use a Montessori approach in my teaching... allowing my children to touch, taste, feel and experience a little thing called LIFE. Teaching from love and not fear has been an obstacle I've had to overcome. Come on this journey with me as we teach, love and raise strong independent children!

Monday, June 30, 2014

Spelling Words for the week: Farm words

Last week we learned all about farms. I came up with a farm words spelling list that Dax would copy. 



I had these little sticky notes with each letter of the alphabet on them 3 times. I would give him three words to spell and he would use the sticky notes to spell the words. 


Then a farm coloring page contest between him, sister and myself....(I won of course)


We looked up our farm words in our encyclopedias checked out from the library. We learned a lot about how farms work and what kids of things are grown on farms. 


Then we put together our Melissa and Doug farm puzzle. I absolutely love these large sturdy puzzles. 



We talked about farm animals and even played with them on our puzzle.


More farm books that we read. 


Then a healthy farm snack (no we didn't eat the butter plain) Cheese, ham, yogurt and milk. 



our glorious puzzle



We really used our imaginations and played with all our animals on top of our farm puzzle. I sat down on the floor with the kids for a good hour just pretending I was some of these animals. The kids loved it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment