Free Range Kids

Free Range Kids!
Raising children to be healthy and self-reliant in an unpredictable world can be tough. You've come to the right place. I am a homeschooler taking a stand for my kids to "be kids". I love the title "Free Range Kids" as is accurately depicts my teaching and parenting style. While learning can be serious business, so is play time! I use a Montessori approach in my teaching... allowing my children to touch, taste, feel and experience a little thing called LIFE. Teaching from love and not fear has been an obstacle I've had to overcome. Come on this journey with me as we teach, love and raise strong independent children!

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Silent Time

We've been practicing "Silent Time" every day for 2 minutes. The kids seem to love it. 


When they hear me stroke this instrument (I don't know what this is),
they know that it's time to have silent time. They go right to the mat. We practice
some deep breathing techniques and enjoy the soft strokes of this beautiful sounding instrument. It's perfect for silent time. Then we practice total silence (no instrument stroking) for a minute. 


Then Dax usually wants a turn stroking the instrument and helping me to relax. Hey, a mom's gotta learn to channel her inner peace too!